Golden gravel 20mm is a golden flint gravel, a mixture of natural yellow, cream and brown stones that’s ideal for use around the garden and on driveways. Its partly angular shape allows the stones to interlock, making it more effective for use on paths and driveways where rounded aggregate can become messy unless contained. Sometimes known as yellow gravel, corn flint gravel or Solent gold gravel, this is a natural-looking aggregate that provides a traditional aesthetic and suits many types of architecture. Due to the way the stones interlock it prevents light reaching the growing medium, slowing weed growth, particularly when laid on a weed control membrane. Popular for use as ground cover generally, golden gravel can also be a great pot topping for those with container gardens or patios. pH neutral, this product is fish safe once washed thoroughly, and can be used as a pond substrate or to dress water features.
Golden gravel 20mm bulk bags consist of stones 10mm – 20mm in size due to the mechanical screening process letting through some smaller stones.
Also available in 10mm which consists of stones 6mm – 10mm.
- A vibrant mix of natural yellows, creams and browns that contrast well with planting and compliments many types of architecture.
- Partly angular, interlocking stones that are stable when used on driveways and paths.
- When used on border or in rockeries it will suppress weeds due to interlocking stones preventing light from reaching growing medium.
- Versatile product that can be used throughout the garden, including to dress water features and as pond substrate.
- pH neutral so fish safe when washed thoroughly prior to use.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.