Our high quality decorative bark chippings are a fantastic way to add a rustic element to a wide variety of landscaping projects. Remember to cover the area with a weed membrane first and then add a thick layer of bark to create a tidy and sleek finish – it really is as simple as that. Ornamental bark not only looks good but also benefits your plants. Bark chippings protect plant roots against adverse weather conditions by insulating them during winter months. Bark helps to suppress weeds by stopping sunlight from reaching the little seeds that form when weeds are first developing, therefore reducing time spent you spend on garden maintenance. Our decorative bark facilitates excellent drainage as bark layer allows water to penetrate to the soil and roots below. At the same time, bark chippings reduce evaporation from the soils top layer and therefore retain more moisture, which is particularly important during hotter months. Garden bark chippings can last between seven to 10 years when maintained properly by watering regularly making them a cost effective option.
Our decorative bark chippings bulk bag is ideal for covering large areas such as beer gardens and hotel outdoor spaces.
- Ornamental bark is an attractive way to fill out a border or flowerbed.
- Rustic, earthy aesthetic and conifer bark has pleasant alpine fragrance.
- Works to suppress weeds without need for harsh chemical weed killer.
- Can be used to create natural pathways.
- Excellent drainage in winter and water retention during the summer months.
- Protect vulnerable plant roots from extreme weather conditions.
- Bulk bag ideal for covering large areas and bulk discounts available.
- Garden bark chippings are easy to incorporate into any landscaping project.
- Low maintenance and don’t need to be replaced for many years.
- Flowers will stand out on a neutral background.
- Improves soil fertility as the organic matter decomposes.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.