Trent gravel or Trent pea stone is an attractive mix of rounded and angular stones in warm earthy hues, and is able to compliment many types of architecture and landscape design when used on driveways, garden paths and patios. The angular stones helps the aggregate interlock, making for a stable walking/driving surface, preventing it from getting too messy and ensuring that your hard landscaped areas are easy to maintain. Water can still drain freely however, which prevents pooling and puddling, and also allows moisture to reach plant roots underneath. That means that Trent gravel is a great choice for a dressing material on flowerbeds and border, and due to being sourced from rivers it is pH neutral and safe for aquatic life, making it ideal for using in and around water features. When wet the warm, natural hues become richer and more vibrant, ensuring your garden will look at its best come rain or shine. Trent pea stone can provide a rustic feel but also is just as effective used in conjunction with more contemporary designs, offering a clean and uniform finish to any outdoor space.
A natural product sourced from the Trent river bed, variation in colour and form is likely so make sure to ask for a sample if you’re matching to existing aggregate. Stones are sized 10mm – 20mm as they’re graded using a mechanical screen that will allow some smaller aggregate to pass through.
- Attractive mix warm hues, such as red, pink, brown, grey and white.
- Variety of shapes and sizes but still offering a smart, tidy finish.
- Excellent at aiding drainage and preventing surface run-off as the rounded pebbles allow water to pass through to the sub-base.
- Perfect as a dressing material for beds, borders and even pots.
- Border may be helpful if using for gravel driveway to prevent mess, but angular stones will interlock to reduce this issue.
- Fish safe as pH neutral – ideal as a pond substrate or to dress water features.
- A natural product sourced from the Trent Valley, colour and form will vary.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.