Our 20mm black basalt gravel – sometimes referred to as black granite gravel – provides a stunning contrast to garden planting, green lawns and a variety of architectural styles. A dynamic aggregate that’s a neutral dark grey when dry before turning a shiny black when wet, black garden gravel has many uses and will transform your outdoor space. Regularly used on driveways, our black driveway gravel has proven itself as a stable and robust surface due to the angular black gravel stones that closely interlock. This also ensures stability underfoot unlike some larger aggregates that can be uncomfortable to walk on. Black basalt gravel 20mm is a truly versatile product that can even be used as a topping material on flowerbeds, borders and pots due to its inert nature. This also makes it safe for fish when used as a substrate or dressing material in and around water features – just ensure that the gravel is thoroughly washed to remove any contaminants prior to being laid.
20mm black gravel is a natural product that appears dark grey when dry and may vary in colour and size. Our bulk bags consist of stones 10mm – 20mm in size due to the mechanical screening process used.
- Dark grey when dry, shiny deep black when wet which makes for a stunning contrast to garden planting and green lawns.
- Neutral grey/black colour is versatile and can be paired with a variety of architectural styles, from traditional to ultra modern buildings that benefit from a clean finish.
- A hard-wearing aggregate that’s suited to use on driveways and busy paths.
- Angular stones that interlock readily and are stable underfoot.
- Excellent drainage properties.
- Can suppress weeds effectively by preventing light from reaching the sub-base below.
- Our black basalt stones are inert and therefore safe for fish and can be used as a flowerbed or plant topping material.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.