Our pre-turfing soil is made up of a mix of sand and compost, and features an organic pre-turf conditioner that gradually releases key nutrients that a new lawn requires for healthy and successful development. As old, existing soil can lose nutrients over time, it’s important that pre-surfing soil is added prior to laying a new lawn. Pre-turfing soil will also help roots find water to achieve the best growing results, and the nourishing fertiliser will aid lawn development for up to four months. The sandy composition of our soil provides excellent drainage properties and works to soak up water and prevent boggy lawns, while the compost will help to retain moisture over warmer months to keep your grass green and healthy. You’ll also find that our pre-turfing soil improves soil structure, nourishing the soil beneath it.
Our pre-turfing soil has a friable consistency that’s ideal for raking, making it easy to create a perfectly level finish. It can be used as a mix with compost in flowerbeds as the consistency of the soil allows roots to form easily.
- Sand and compost-based pre-turfing soil.
- Contains an organic based pre-turf conditioner that gradually releases key nutrients over time.
- An essential addition to your surface prior to laying turf as it provides a rich base for turf to root in.
- Friable consistency making it easy to rake for a perfectly level finish.
- Excellent drainage properties to prevent boggy lawns.
- Provides ideal conditions for the healthy growth of your lawn.
- Provides nourishment for up to four months.
- Multi-use for both pre-turf base and planting beds.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.