Lancashire river gravel is a versatile aggregate that consists of small pebbles of varying sizes, with an average measurement of 20mm. A mix of brown, beige and blue/grey hues, decorative river gravel is ideal as a neutral background for your garden planting and can be used as mulch or to dress around trees and water features. pH neutral, river gravel is fish safe once thoroughly washed to remove any contaminants. It can even be used to dress the top of large containers or pots, to aid with moisture retention and prevent weeds from proliferating.
A medium-sized gravel that appears much softer when used on paths and driveways than aggregate with larger stone chippings, decorative river gravel also provides a flat and stable surface for walking and driving. Used in conjunction with weed control membrane, river gravel will also prevent the growth of weeds by preventing UV light from reaching the growing medium below.
20mm Lancashire gravel bulk bags consist of small pebbles 10mm – 20mm in size due to the mechanical screening process letting through some smaller pebbles.
- A neutral palette of browns, creams and blue greys that suits many types of garden and home.
- Ideal for use on driveways and paths due to the irregular forms of the pebbles and their relatively small size, ensuring a soft aesthetic.
- Use on flowerbeds, borders and as a pot topper to suppress weeds.
- When laid over a growing medium it will aid moisture retention by slowing evaporation.
- A versatile, natural-looking product that can be used throughout the garden and even on water features.
- pH neutral so fish safe once washed thoroughly.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.