Our 10mm limestone chippings, sometimes referred to as dove grey limestone gravel or Derbyshire grey gravel, is a versatile and inexpensive aggregate that can be used widely in both domestic landscaping and construction contexts. Often used on driveways, footpaths and as ground cover on large areas that require landscaping, this aggregate is cost-effective and particularly suited to use on expansive areas. Supplied dusty, limestone chippings brighten when washed and offer an attractive contrast when situated near planting. When laid approximately 40mm deep limestone chippings can be used on driveways and car parks, offering excellent drainage and a stable driving and walking surface.
An alkaline agent, limestone is not suited to covering borders or flowerbeds as it may harm some species of plants. Likewise, this product is not fish safe and should not be used as a pond substrate or to dress water features that feature aquatic life.
- Light to medium grey colour contrasts well with plants, blossoms and many styles of architecture.
- An inexpensive product that nonetheless provides a clean finish.
- Provides a stable driving and walking surface.
- Allows water to drain freely.
- Can suppress weeds by preventing UV light from reaching the growing medium.
- This product is an alkaline agent and as such is not fish safe.
- Limestone chippings should also not be used to cover flowerbeds and borders where plants do not favour alkaline conditions.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.