Our self binding gravel is a locally quarried limestone product that contains a mix of particles from dust to 10mm in size. This allows it to compact or knit together and form a stable surface that’s less likely to become displaced and cause mess.
Decorative gravels are usually what are known as “clean” aggregates, where the aggregate dust or “fines” have been removed, leaving just the pebbles or chippings. Not so with self binding gravel or path mix, which contain a generous amount of fines and in some cases have had fines introduced. While self binding gravel doesn’t create a hard surface (such as concrete or resin), it’s still a very durable product and the ideal choice for high traffic areas. As it’s not permanent it’s also very simple to re-surface or remove and even re-use elsewhere.
Suited to both domestic and commercial use, our self binding gravel is affordable and low-maintenance, allowing you to quickly lay a path or track that appears natural but benefits from increased stability, resistance to scuffing and also discourages weed growth. As this is a limestone product it is alkaline and therefore is not safe to use in and around aquatic life and should not be used as a topping material.
Self binding gravel bulk bags consist of limestone dust or fines and small stone chippings up to 10mm in size.
- A neutral light grey or warm grey palette that has a natural appearance.
- Ideal for use on paths and tracks as the fines ensure the aggregate will compact, increasing stability underfoot.
- A versatile, natural-looking product that can be used in commercial or agricultural contexts as well as throughout the garden.
- Extremely low maintenance and more resistant to weeds than looser decorative gravels.
- An alkaline product that is not safe for aquatic life or suitable for use as a plant topper.
- Quarried locally in North Yorkshire.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.