Silica sand is a versatile sand that has many uses in construction, typically as an ingredient when mixing mortars or certain types of cement. Produced over time by water and wind eroding quartz until the granules are extremely small, each particle is smooth – or sub-rounded. This makes it safe for children as silica sand can be washed from eyes easily, whereas other sand types can be jagged and not appropriate for use in play pits etc.
If you’re a keen golfer you may find yourself in the bunker from time to time, and those bunkers are commonly filled with silica sand. Ever versatile, silica sand can also be used to maintain greens and fairways due to its drainage properties and ability to encourage natural plant growth. It’s no surprise then that it can also be used around the garden to aid drainage – simply mix the desired amount of sand into your growing medium or soil sub-base in areas that suffer from poor drainage.
We also offer a type of silica sand ideally suited to use in equestrian arenas.
- Extremely versatile sand with various industrial, commercial and domestic applications.
- Can be used to mix mortar and speciality cements.
- Fine, sub-rounded silica grains.
- Safe for use in childrens’ play pits.
- Suitable for use in equestrian arenas.
- Commonly used in golf bunkers and to maintain greens and fairways.
- Can act as a filtration medium and be used to maintain sports fields.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.