Our quartz of crystalline silica sand has a grain size and structure ideal for use in horse arenas, horse training areas, lunge pens, rolling pits and anywhere else that a soft, durable surface would prove beneficial. The tiny silica granules are sub-rounded rather than jagged or coarse, so they’re non-abrasive and won’t cause harm to eyes, making our equestrian sand safe for animals to run on and roll in. The sand will effectively cushion the impact while still supporting the hoof, making this the best sand for an outdoor horse riding arena or horse exercising surface. Highly durable, our equestrian sand won’t become a maintenance burden as it simply requires occasional replenishment. Silica sand also offers excellent drainage properties to ensure your arena doesn’t get waterlogged, and can be mixed with rubber and fibre in order to create a surface with the characteristics that suit the intended use.
For equestrian arenas it’s recommended that you lay sand to a depth of c. 100mm – 130mm.
- High quality silica sand that’s the best sand for a horse arena due to sub-rounded particles.
- Safe for horses to run on and roll in, so can be used in rolling pits and lunge pens.
- Excellent compaction properties that won’t result in an unduly ‘deep’ ride.
- Free-draining while holding just the right amount of moisture to provide the ideal equine exercise surface.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.