Our 20mm limestone chippings, otherwise referred to as dove grey limestone gravel or Derbyshire grey gravel, is an extremely versatile and inexpensive aggregate that’s popular for use on driveways and other large areas of landscaping. A light to medium grey colour that contrasts well with green plants and colourful blossoms, it can be used extensively in the garden, particularly as a cost-efficient solution to covering more expansive areas. However, it should not be used as a decorative aggregate to cover flowerbeds or borders due to its alkaline nature, which can be harmful to some plants. Sometimes delivered dusty, our limestone gravel will brighten once washed or following rainfall, and provides an ideal way to smarten up tired driveways and paths. This size of limestone gravel should be laid at least 40mm deep to provide a stable walking surface and is sufficiently hard-wearing to be driven on. It will also suppress weeds and is particularly effective when laid in conjunction with our weed control fabric.
This is a natural product and will vary in colour and size. A limestone chippings bulk bag will consist of stones 10mm – 20mm in size due to the mechanical screening process used.
- Light to medium dove grey colour compliments plants, blossoms and most types of architecture.
- Versatile aggregate and one of the least expensive products that provides a clean finish.
- Hard-wearing and ideal for use on driveways and high traffic paths.
- Excellent drainage properties.
- Will suppress weeds by preventing light from reaching soil or other growing medium.
- Limestone is an alkaline agent and as such is not fish safe.
- Alkaline chippings should also not be used as a decorative aggregate to cover flowerbeds and borders where plants do not favour alkaline conditions.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.