Concrete is prepared using several components, with concrete ballast one of the key ingredients alongside cement and water. A mixture of sand and gravel or pebbles, this coarse aggregate makes up the bulk of the concrete mix, with the ratio dependent on the application. For example, a mix thats one part cement and six parts concrete ballast would be ideal for laying a sub-base for a driveway, but if youre pouring building footings youd want to increase the amount of aggregate to eight parts (1:8).
Our bags of ballast for concrete come ready mixed and just require the addition of cement, water and any other additives or admixtures. Ready mixed ballast is convenient because you don’t need to source sharp sand separately as its already present in the mix, along with gravel or pebbles typically ranging from 10-20mm in size.
- Ready mixed ballast includes sand, gravel and pebbles.
- Just add cement, water and any other additive or admixture you require.
- Strong, coarse aggregate ideal for footings, including building foundations.
- Can also be used as filler for voids in construction or hard landscaping projects.
- Material sourced locally.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.