Our screened topsoil has been sifted through a screen to remove rocks, roots, weeds and other debris. Some stone and gritty content remains however, which helps to ensure excellent drainage and aeration. Screened top soil is a versatile, general purpose landscaping soil that can be used as fill material or sub-base for new beds, but would require the addition of organic matter to be suitable for use as a growing medium where higher nutrient levels are required to encourage vigorous plant growth. Suited to general landscaping tasks in domestic and commercial settings, screened topsoil is often used as a levelling material to fill dips and hollows.
Cheap screened topsoil can also be used as an inexpensive sub-base for turfing but would benefit from the introduction of organic matter and other additives prior to laying the turf, in which case you may prefer to use our pre-turfing soil which offers the ideal mix of compost, sand and pre-turfing conditioner.
- Screened to 12mm to ensure rocks, weeds, sticks and other larger debris has been removed.
- Ideal levelling material to fill dips and hollows.
- Use as a cheap sub-base for borders and beds.
- Can be used prior to laying turf, albeit not as effective in this role as our pre-turfing soil.
- Contains some stone and gritty content which helps with drainage – perfect for gardens where drainage is an issue.
- Minimum 10 tonne bulk order, delivered loose.