Ideal for use on driveways, paths, flowerbeds, borders and even as pot topping material, our blue slate chippings can transform your garden into an engaging contemporary landscape. The blue hues contrast perfectly with plants and blossoms, and are transformed when the slate is wet, becoming darker and more vibrant. Flat and angular in form, slate chippings can be used effectively as a stable walking or driving surface, but do tend to break down in time if used in high traffic areas. Due to the way the chippings overlap, water can readily penetrate the surface but light cannot, which is ideal for the suppression of weeds – particularly when laid in conjunction with weed control membrane. Slate is also pH neutral and safe for fish once chippings have been washed thoroughly before use, so can be used as a pond substrate or to dress other types of water feature.
Our garden slate chippings are a natural product so the colour will vary slightly, with the odd grey or plum chipping occasionally mixed in. But it’s this variation in colour that makes slate chippings such a unique and dynamic choice for your garden.
- Colour-fast blue and blue grey hues that become more vibrant when wet.
- Versatile material that has multiple uses, including on driveways, paths, flower beds and borders.
- Sits flat, providing a firm surface suitable for both walking and driving on.
- A contemporary pot topping for larger potted plants, helping to protect roots and suppress weeds.
- Overlapping chippings prevent sunlight from reaching soil, slowing weed growth and reducing water evaporation.
- pH neutral so ideal for use as a pond substrate, or to dress the edges of water features.
- Safe for fish when washed thoroughly before use.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.