Our plum or purple slate chippings are both practical and aesthetically appealing, ideal for use in a variety of different settings from driveways and paths to flowerbeds and borders. They can also be used creatively around the garden, with their bold plum and purple hues contrasting well with plants. A flat, angular product, these chippings make for a comfortable walking surface and can be used on driveways, albeit in high traffic areas the slate will gradually break down when walked or driven on. Decorative plum slate can even be used as a pot topping material as it will prevent weeds from growing and aid moisture retention in soil by reducing evaporation. Safe for fish and other wildlife when thoroughly washed, our slate is pH neutral and can be used as pond substrate or used to decorate around the edges of any water feature. The bold colours are enhanced when wet, becoming deeper and more dramatic.
As this is a natural product colours can vary slightly, and there will be the odd blue or grey chipping mixed in, but it’s this variation in colour that makes the slate unique.
- Aesthetically pleasing, colour-fast plum and purple hues.
- A versatile aggregate that can be used on driveways, paths, flowerbeds and borders.
- Hard wearing and low maintenance – no need for mowing, trimming or watering.
- Lays flat and provides a stable surface that’s suitable for walking and driving on.
- Ideal for use as an attractive pot topping for larger potted plants. Prevents sunlight from reaching soil, inhibiting weed growth and reducing water evaporation.
- pH neutral and suitable for use as a pond substrate, or as a decorative aggregate around the edges of water features.
- Safe for fish when washed thoroughly before use.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Contact us if you require loose load delivery.